Sunday, April 29, 2012

Chess Tournament

Brett loves to play chess so I singed him up for the Pleasant Grove Chess Tournament.  He was pretty excited about it.  The tournament started at 8:30 and did not get over until 4:00.  He did not know anyone at the tournament so that was kind of hard for him.  The tournament was mostly made up of asian kids.  Brett won two games and lost two.  I asked him who he lost to and it was the Asian kids.  He told me that they were so smart that he didn't even know when they made a move.  So at the awards ceremony only two kids out of 16 were white the rest were Asian.  Brett and I just laughed about it afterwards.  He was definately imperssed with how smart they were.  After the tournament he informed me that he has no desire t play chess for a long time.  I love that he totally was willing to try something new.  Brett is very competitive and that is a good quality to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment